Canadian Embassy in Colombia

Canadian EmbassyBogotá is where the Canadian Embassy in Colombia is located with a Consulate in Cartagena. If you need to apply for a new passport, obtain consular assistance such as marriage registration, birth registration or seek legal or medical advice then the Embassy in Bogota will be able to assist.

If you wish to apply for a Canadian visa then you can also start at the embassy for advice. There are a number of visa options available such as a tourist visa, marriage visa, study visa or a work permit. The contact details are below with the email address and telephone numbers. There is also a map to the Canadian embassy in Colombia. You will note that there is now also a Canadian Consulate in Cartagena. This has been new over the past few years.

Canadian Embassy in Colombia

Canadian Embassy in Colombia300shadow

The consular services offered by the Canadian Embassy in Colombia does have its limits. They can act as a link between yourself and family member back in Canada if you are arrested or had an accident. If you lost your passport you will need to report this to the police. They will give you a police card with the case number on. You will need this for the Embassy. When you apply for a passport you will then add the police card to the application. They will then process the passport theft or loss and issue you with an emergency travel document or passport.

Street Address:Address: (Immigration)
Carrera 7 #114-33, Piso 13, Bogotá, Colombia

Address: (Consular and Passport)
Carrera 7 #114-33, Piso 14, Bogotá, Colombia
Telephone:(57-1) 657-9800 (General)
Fax:(57-1) 657-9912 (General)
(57- 1) 657-9914 (Immigration)
Operating Hours:Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m.- 12:30p.m., 1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.

Hours of Attention to the Public: (Passport & Consular affairs)
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Canadian Citizens OnlyCall collect: 613- 996-8885 / 613-944-1310 (TTY)

If you are getting married you will need a letter from the Embassy or Consulate in Cartagena to state that you are single. The freedom to marry or letter of no impediment is needed. It normally takes a while to get the letter. Once you have the letter it will need to be translated and certified. You can then use this to register your marriage in Colombia. Once you have completed this you will need to have the marriage certificate translated and certified for the Embassy. You will need this when your spouse goes back to Canada. This will normally be on a spouse visa for Canada. See the poverty line for immigration before you do this. Also fully understand the process.

Canadian Consulate in Cartagena

Canadian Consulate in Cartagena


Address:Edificio Centro Ejecutivo Bocagrande, Carrera 3, No. 8-129, Oficina No. 1103, Cartagena, Colombia
Telephone:57 (605) 665-5838
Fax:57 (605) 665-5837
Office HoursMonday to Friday
9:00 a.m. to noon

If you are wanting to visit Canada then you will need a tourist visa for Canada. To study you will need a student visa for Canada. Your partner can also move to Canada with a partner visa. If you are married as explained above then you can take her back on a Canadian spouse visa. Note that if you are obtaining a visa for longer than 6 months. You will require a medical examination for your Canadian visa for yourself. See also if you are an inadmissible person to Canada. If you think you are, then contact the Canadian Embassy or Consulate for advice and direction.

Search this website for more information and what type of assistance you can receive from the Canadian Embassy in Colombia as well as from the Canadian Consulate in Colombia which is located in Cartagena. See other Embassies in the region such as the Canadian Embassy in Chile as well as the Embassy of Canada in Brazil as well.



Incoming search terms:

error: Content is protected !!