Canadian High Commission in Jamaica

Canadian EmbassyFirstly Kingston is where the Canadian High Commission in Jamaica. You can ask the High Commissioner for assistance if you lost your passport while in Jamaica or obtain a new passport. They can also assist you with a birth registration and a Canadian visa application.

Note the contact details for the Embassy and also the map to the Canadian Embassy in Jamaica. Always call or email the embassy before you go. The public holidays are attached below but this does change so always double check. Note that there is also now a Canadian Consulate in the country. See which one is closer to you as a Canadian for any consular assistance.

Canadian High Commission in Jamaica

Canadian High Commission in Jamaica300shadow

Firstly many Canadians go to Jamaica on holiday. Secondly during these holiday times you might very well lose your passport. When you lost your passport you will need to report this to the Jamaican police as lost or stolen. The police will give you a card with the case number on for the report. When you contact the Canadian High Commission in Jamaica for assistance you will need to complete the forms and add the police card to your application form. They will then process this and issue you with a temporary travel document. This will allow you to complete your holiday and leave for Canada when you are done. Finally this is one of the most common issues with Embassies today.

Consular Assistance

Firstly the next common issue will be that of having documents certified at the Embassy. Secondly you will need to email them or call them to check if they provide this service or not. Many countries have stopped this service to their nationals in foreign countries. The next issue is also very common – getting married in Jamaica. Some people like getting married and registering their marriages from abroad. You will need to get a letter of no-impediment or freedom to marry from the Embassy. You would need to complete the forms for these.

Firstly if you are divorced normally the Embassies want to original divorce decree or death certificate of your former spouse. Once you have this it will need translation and certification before being handed in in Jamaica to register the marriage. Once registered the marriage certificate weill need to be translated and certified. Finally you can now take your new spouse back to Canada on a spousal visa.

Visa Applications

There are a number visa options from Jamaica. There is a tourist visa for Canada as well as a student visa for Canada. The partner visa is also available for those who live together. Each visa has its own requirements so see what they are on this website.

First note that the Canadian Consulate in Montego Bay has also been added as that has been an addition over the past few years as its a tourist mecca.  The contact details for the Consulate has also been added below. Note also the other Embassies in the region. There is the Canadian Embassy in Haiti as well as the Canadian Embassy in Honduras as well as the Canadian Embassy in Guatemala City.

Street Address:3 West Kings House Road, Waterloo Road Entrance, Kingston, Jamaica
Postal Address:P.O. Box 1500, Kingston, Jamaica
Telephone:(876) 926-1500
Fax:(876)733-3493 (General) (Visa & Immigration)
Operating Hours:Monday to Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m
Services for Canadians:Tel: 202-682-1740
Fax: 202-448-6502
Email :
Montego Bay - Consulate of Canada
Street Address : 29 Gloucester Street, Montego Bay
Telephone : (876) 632-0371
Fax : (876) 632-3690
Email :

Call collect: (613) 996-8885 / (613) 944-1310 (TTY) 


Incoming search terms:

error: Content is protected !!