Canadian Consulate in Hong Kong

Canadian EmbassyThis is the Canadian Consulate in Hong Kong. If you are in Macao or Hong Kong and wanting a visa for Canada or are a Canadian citizen needing consular assistance then you are advised to contact the Consulate in Hong Kong. The contact details are listed below with email, street address, telephone numbers and a map to the Consulate in Hong Kong.

Note the operating hours and also note times for the Canadian visa section at the Consulate. Also note that the only Embassy is the Canadian Embassy in Beijing which is also listed on this website. Always call or email the Consulate before you visit their offices. This will ensure that you have all the needed documents for what it is that you are requesting. See also the Canadian Consulate in Guangzhou as well as the Canadian Consulate in Chongqing and Canadian Consulate in Shanghai.

Canadian Consulate in Hong Kong

Canadian Consulate in Hong Kong300shadow

There are many Canadians in Hong Kong. If you lost your passport then the loss or theft will need to be reported to the Hong Kong police. They will issue you with a police card with a case number to show that the loss has been reported. When you go to the Consulate in Hong Kong you will need this case number. Complete the application form for a new passport and add the case number to it. The Canadian Consulate in Hong Kong will issue you with a temporary travel document or a new passport.

If you want your documents legalised you will need to have make an appointment to see a notary public. See what they can accept for legalisation. You can see here what consular assistance entails. You will be able to prepare your documents before you go to the Consulate. Search this website for more details.

Consular Assistance

If you are getting married you will need a letter of no-impediment as a Canadian. You will need to apply for this at the Canadian Consulate. It does take a while to get the letter. First you need to complete the needed forms. Then they will tell you when to return to collect the letter. This letter will need to be translated and certified as authentic. You can now use this letter and its translation to register your marriage in Hong Kong. Once complete you can also have the marriage registration certified and translated for your spouse to live in Canada.

You can also register the birth of your child in the country. You will need to have all the birth documents translated and certified. From there you need to apply to register your child born abroad. This does take a while and once complete you will need to apply for a travel document or passport for your child. The Canadian Consulate in Hong Kong will be able to assist you with this.

Details of the Embassy

Street Address:9th Floor, 25 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong SAR, China
Postal Address:8th Floor, 25 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong SAR, China
Telephone:85 (2) 3719 4700
Fax:85 (2) 2847 7561
Operating Hours:Citizenship/Notary Services:

Passport Services:

For passport and citizenship applications and general enquiries:
08:30 - 12:30, Monday - Friday (by appointment)
08:30 - 10:15, Monday - Friday (walk-in, effective Jan. 19th 2015)

Walk-in clients can expect to wait up to 2 hours to be served, as priority is given to clients with scheduled appointments.

For passport and citizenship collection:
14:00 - 16:00, Monday - Thursday

For notarial services:
14:00 - 16:00, Tuesday and Thursday

How to submit a visa application. Temporary resident (visitor, student, temporary worker) and permanent resident travel document applications

Application type: Online Through the nearest VAC: Hong Kong; Guangzhou; Taipei To the visa office In Person by appointment only
Temporary Resident Visa (Visitor) Yes Yes Yes
Study Permit Yes Yes No
Work Permit Yes Yes No
Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) No Yes Yes

Submitting an application in person – by appointment only



Incoming search terms:

error: Content is protected !!