Canadian Consulate in Shanghai

Canadian EmbassyThere is a Canadian Consulate in Shanghai. If you need to speak to someone from the Embassy then you need to contact the Canadian Embassy in China (Beijing) for that. The Consulates contact details we have listed below including the email address, street address and a map to the Consulate in Shanghai.

Canadian Consulate in Shanghai

Note also the times listed for the visa section. If you wish to live or work in Canada then you can speak to them about a work visa, investment visa or a visitors visa if you wish to visit Canada on holiday. Note that this Consulate covers the areas of Jiangsu, Anhui, Zhejiang, Hubei and the city of Shanghai.

Canadian Consulate in Shanghai300shadow

If you are getting married and are located in the areas of Jiangsu, Anhui, Zhejiang, Hubei and the city of Shanghai. Then the you will need to contact the Canadian Consulate in Shanghai for assistance. You will require a letter of no impediment or a letter called the freedom to marry. This take a while to obtain. Once your receive it you will need to have this translated and certified. This is to ensure that you dont have a fraudulent letter.

You can then use this letter with its translation and certification to register your marriage in China. Also you will then translate the marriage registration and have this certified for the Canadian Immigration. This when you take your spouse back home. This can be with a partner visa for Canada or a spouse visa for Canada from China.

Consular Assistance

If you lost your passport while in this region. You will need to report the loss to the police. They will give you a case number and a card to show the case has been reported. From there you need to apply for a new passport at the Consulate. Once the application for a new passport has been processed they will issue you with a temporary travel document or a new passport. Many who lose their passports tend to be tourists who will need to leave China in a week. Those who live in China will require a passport to hold their Chinese visas or work permits.

Email the Consulate for further advice and direction. Thos Consulate does offer passport services as of this writing.

If you have given birth or your wife has given birth in China. You will need to register your child with the Canadian Consulate. You will need all the original documents from the Chinese government. Have these translated and certified and then apply at the Consulate to register the child. Once this has been done you will need to also apply for a passport or travel document for the child.

Details of the Canadian Consulate

When you want documents legalised you will need to contact the Consulate for an appointment. See what can be legalised as the services are still available. These are the services for access to the notary public while in China. Again note that this Consulate in Shanghai only manages people who live in Anhui, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Hubei and the city of Shanghai.


Street Address:ECO City Building, 8th floor, 1788 Nanjing Xi Lu, Jing An District, Shanghai, 200040, China
Telephone:(Consular) : +86-21 3279-2800
(Visa & Immigration) : +86-21 3279-2844
Fax:(Consular) - +86-21 3279-2801
(Visa & Immigration) - +86-21 3279-2892
Email:(Consular) -
(Visa & immigration) -
Operating Hours:Passport, Citizenship Services & Notary Services: Monday - Friday, 9:00-11:30am



Incoming search terms:

error: Content is protected !!