Canadian Embassy in China

Canadian EmbassyThis is the Canadian Embassy in China. If you are in China then you can seek assistance at the Canadian Embassy in Beijing. We have listed their contact details such as telephone numbers, a map to the embassy and their email address. If you wish to visit Canada then you can ask the Embassy about a tourist visa, marriage visa or a work visa for Canada as a Chinese national.

Canadian Embassy in China

Note that there are also consulates in China. There is the Canadian Consulate in Shanghai and also the Canadian Consulate in Hong Kong and last but not least there are the Canadian Consulate in Chongqing and the Canadian Consulate in Guangzhou. As a Canadian citizen you can seek assistance at any of the consulates as listed. They can assist you with birth registration, marriage registration or other consular servers on offer.

Note that the Canadian Embassy in Beijing is next to the Australian Embassy in Beijing.

Canadian Embassy in Beijing

Canadian Embassy in China300shadow

If you need consular assistance then read further as to what assistance you can expect while in China.

Now if you lost your passport while on holiday in China and are in the following areas. The Canadian Embassy in BeijingĀ  will be able to assist you. The consular districts for the Embassy is Beijing is Tianjin, Gansu, Liaoning, Jilin, Heilongjiang, Shandong, Shanxi, Inner Mongolia, Ningxia, Shaanxi, Qinghai, Xinjiang, Xizang (Tibet), Henan and Hebei.

If you lost your passport then you will need to report this to the Chinese police. They will provide you with a case number and a note that it has been reported. You will then need to contact the Embassy for an appointment and apply for a new passport. You will need to complete the forms and then add the police report or card to the application form. The Embassy will then process the application and provide you with a temporary travel document to leave the country or provide you with a new passport.

Should you be getting married while in China. You will need a letter no impediment or a freedom to marry letter, see here for an example of the letter. The Embassy will be able to assist you with this. You will need to complete the application form and they will then provide you with your letter. This might take a while as it is not instant. You will then have to have this translated and certified before it can be used in China.

Consular Assistance

The certification is to ensure that the letter is not fraudulent. This letter and your translated and certified ones will then be used to register your marriage in China. You will then have to translate and certify your marriage certificate for his or her Canadian visa later.

If you have a child born in China, you will need to register the child as a Canadian born abroad. You with need all the documents from the Chinese government for the birth. Then have these translated and certified and visit the Embassy or Consulate with your Canadian passport to register the child as a Canadian born abroad. You will also need to arrange the travel documents or passport once the child has been registered.

The Canadian Embassy in Beijing can also assist with a notary public in order to notarise documents. See what they can notarize and what they are not allowed to do. Always make an appointment for these services much like when you register the birth of a child.

Details for the Embassy

If you are going to apply for a Canadian visa then see the requirements for the tourist visa as well as the Canadian student visa. Also note that if you visa is for longer than 6 months that they will require a medical exam for the visa. You can speak to the staff at the Embassy for more details.


Street Address:Consular Section, 19 Dongzhimenwai Dajie, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100600, China
Telephone:+86(10) 5139-4000
Fax:+86(10) 5139-4449 (Visa & Immigration)
Email:(Visa & Immigration) -
(Passport applications and inquiries) -
(Consular assistance) -
Operating Hours:Consular Section

For passport applications: Monday to Friday 08:30 - 11:00
For citizenship and notary services: Tuesday & Thursday 13:30 - 15:00


Incoming search terms:

error: Content is protected !!