We have listed what and how the process works for a Canadian work permit. The process starts at the Canadian Embassy but there are other things you need to know before you decide to work in Canada. The first question is do you need a work permit in the first place. Note that you cannot work in Canada on a Canadian tourist visa.
Yes, in most cases foreigners need a work permit to work in Canada. However, there are some exceptions for certain types of work, such as certain short-term jobs or work covered by international agreements. However it is important to check with the Canadian government’s website or a qualified immigration professional for specific information about work permits and eligibility requirements.
- Athletes and coaches
- Aviation accident or incident investigators
- Business visitors (Not Business people who are coming to work)
- Civil aviation inspectors
- Crew members (truck drivers, airline crew)
- Expert witnesses or investigators
- Judges, referees and similar officials
- News reporters, film and media crews
- Performing artists
Jobs that do need a work permit
- Temporary workers
- Live-in caregivers
- Business people
- Permanent workers (immigrate to Canada)
What you should know if you want to work in Canada
- Your employer in Canada may need to get a labour market opinion (LMO) which is a document from the government which allows them to hire a foreign worker.
- There are certain jobs that do not need an LMO.
- You must meet the requirements as well:
- enter the country,
- stay in Canada and
- get a permit.
- this means you may also need a visitor visa.
- Note that a Canadian work permit does not let you live in Canada permanently. To do so, you must qualify under an immigration category as a permanent resident.
- Live–in caregivers who meet requirements can apply to stay in Canada permanently.
- Your spouse or/and your dependent children may apply to come to Canada with you.
Incoming search terms:
- canadian embassy work permit
- canada embassy work
- work permit visa charges at Canadian Embassy
- how to apply for work permit in canada at the ambasy
- how to get a work permit in the Canadian embassy in Ghana
- canada embassy london process work permit
- how can a jamaican get a work permit in canada?
- where to mail work permit to canadian consulate in new york city
- how a jamaican can get work in canada
- Atmosphere Visual Effects in Canada mail
- can i get a temporary work permit at the us canadian embassy
- canadian embassy barbados and work permits