We have listed what and how the process works for a Canadian work permit. The process starts at the Canadian Embassy but there are other things you need to know before you decide to work in Canada. The first question is do you need a work permit in the first place.
Jobs that do not need a work permit
- Athletes and coaches
- Aviation accident or incident investigators
- Business visitors (Not Business people who are coming to work)
- Civil aviation inspectors
- Crew members (truck drivers, airline crew)
- Expert witnesses or investigators
- Judges, referees and similar officials
- News reporters, film and media crews
- Performing artists
Jobs that do need a work permit
- Temporary workers
- Live-in caregivers
- Business people
- Permanent workers (immigrate to Canada)
What you should know if you want to work in Canada
- Your employer in Canada may need to get a labour market opinion (LMO) which is a document from the government which allows them to hire a foreign worker.
- There are certain jobs that do not need an LMO.
- You must meet the requirements as well:
- enter the country,
- stay in Canada and
- get a work permit.
- this means you may also need a visitor visa.
- Note that a Canadian work permit does not let you live in Canada permanently. To do so, you must qualify under an immigration category as a permanent resident.
- Live–in caregivers who meet requirements can apply to stay in Canada permanently.
- Your spouse or/and your dependent children may apply to come to Canada with you.
Incoming search terms:
- canada embassy work
- work permit visa charges at Canadian Embassy
- where to mail work permit to canadian consulate in new york city
- how to secure work permit in Canadian Embassy
- how to apply for a work permit from the barbados canadian embassy
- embassy of canada work visa jobs
- do government of canada consular employees need work permits
- working at Canadian Embassy
- Canadian work permit washington dc
- canadian work permit consulate
- canadian embassy working permet
- canadian embassy employment visa