Medical Exam for Temporary Residents

Canadian EmbassyIf you are going to visit Canada for less than 6 months then normally you do not need a medical. If you are going to work short term in certain professions then you may require a medical examination. These are also for short term agricultural jobs if you have lived in one of the designated third world countries.

Note the following professions would require a medical exam even if it is for less than the 6 months on the visa. These would normally also include a work permit for Canada so speak to your local Canadian Embassy of employer.

Jobs that bring you into close contact with people, such as:

  • workers in the health sciences field
  • clinical laboratory workers
  • patient attendants in nursing and geriatric homes
  • medical students admitted to Canada to attend university
  • medical electives and physicians on short-term locums
  • teachers of primary or secondary schools, or other teachers of small children
  • domestics
  • workers who give in-home care to children, the elderly and the disabled
  • day nursery employees and
  • other similar jobs

If you have lived for 6 months or more in the designated countries then you will also require a medical exam for visiting Canada for more than 6 months. These countries have been listed on this website here. Note that your medical exam results are valid for 12 months only.


Incoming search terms:

error: Content is protected !!