This is the medical exam for temporary residents. If you are going to visit Canada for less than 6 months then normally you do not need a medical. If you are going to work short term in certain professions then you may require a medical examination. These are also for short term agricultural jobs if you have lived in one of the designated third world countries.
Medical Exam for Temporary Residents
Note the following professions would require a medical exam even if it is for less than the 6 months on the visa. These would normally also include a work permit for Canada so speak to your local Canadian Embassy of employer. See also the which countries need a Canadian medical exam.
Jobs that bring you into close contact with people, such as:
- workers in the health sciences field
- clinical laboratory workers
- patient attendants in nursing and geriatric homes
- medical students admitted to Canada to attend university
- medical electives and physicians on short-term locums
- teachers of primary or secondary schools, or other teachers of small children
- workers who give in-home care to children, the elderly and the disabled
- day nursery employees and
- other similar jobs
If you have lived for 6 months or more in the designated countries then you will also require a medical exam for visiting Canada for more than 6 months. These countries have been listed on this website here. Note that your medical exam results are valid for 12 months only. See also the tourist visa for Canada guidelines.