High Commission of Canada in Guyana

Canadian EmbassyThese are the details of the High Commission of Canada in Guyana. Guyana has a Canadian High Commission office. If you are there you can seek advice or assistance at the Canadian High Commission. Note that there is no Canadian High Commission in Guyana. We have listed the telephone numbers, street address and also a map to the High Commission in Georgetown.

High Commission of Canada in Guyana

High Commission of Canada in Guyana300shadow

If you are in Guyana and you lose your passport, then it needs to be reported to the police. The police will provide you with a case number, normally on a police card. You will then need to go to the High Commission of Canada in Guyana and report the passport stolen or lost. They will get you to complete the application form for a new passport. You will then have to add the police case number to your application.  This will then be processed and they will issue you with a temporary travel document so can go home or a new passport.

Street Address:Young & High Streets, Georgetown, Guyana
Postal Address:P.O. Box 10880, Georgetown, Guyana
Telephone:+592-227-2081 / +592-227-2082 / +592-227-2083 / +592-227-2084 / +592-227-2085
Operating Hours:Hours of operation:

Monday – Thursday: 8:00AM to 12:00PM & 1:00PM to 4:30PM
Friday: 8:00AM to 1:30PM

Canadian Passport & Citizenship Office:

Monday – Thursday: 8:30AM to 12:30PM
Friday 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM

Should you be getting married then you will need a letter from the High Commission of Canada. This will state that you are legally single. Once you complete the forms they will tell you when to collect the letter. This will need to be translated and certified as coming from the High Commission and that the document has been properly translated. You can then get married with this letter. Once done you will need to translate the marriage certificate for the Canadian Immigration services if you are taking your spouse back to Canada. You can do this with a Canadian spouse visa or partner visa.

Consular Assistance

Should you have given birth in Guyana, then you need all the original documents from the local birth registration and have this translated and certified. You will need to make an appointment to have the child registered as a Canadian citizen. Bring your Canadian passport with you who be in order without stating the obvious.

The child will then be registered as a Canadian born abroad. You will then also have to arrange a travel document for the child when going back home to Canada. The High Commission of Canada in Guyana which is located in Georgetown as you can see from the map. They will be able to assist you with all of this.  Note the contact details again with the relevant email address.

You will note that there are other Embassies in the region. The Canadian Embassy in Ecuador as well as the Canadian Embassy in Argentina are all in the region. If you wish to visit Canada then a tourist visa will be needed, or a study visa if you wish to study in Canada. Note also that any Canadian visa over 6 months means you have to complete a medical exam with the visa. These also include the partner visa for Canada and the Canadian spouse visa as has been explained above.

Search this website for more information and guidance on your travels through South America.



Incoming search terms:

error: Content is protected !!