Canadian Embassy in Malaysia

Canadian EmbassyKuala Lumpur is where you will find the Canadian Embassy in Malaysia or properly called the High Commission of Canada in Malaysia.  If you live and work in Malaysia or are on holiday and need assistance then contact the Canadian Embassy in Kuala Lumpur. They can assist you with a Canadian visa, renew your passport or register a birth while in Malaysia.

Canadian Embassy in Malaysia

This is the High Commission of Canada in Malaysia. Note that there is also a Canadian Consulate in Penang. See the details for the Consulate below with a map to the Embassy in KL If you are in need of consular assistance then see what the Embassy or Consulate in Penang is able to do for you. There is limited assistance as consular assistance is limited in foreign countries and what an Embassy is allowed to do. See below what you will need to know while in Malaysia. See also the High Commission of Canada in Brunei.

High Commission of Canada in Malaysia

Canadian Embassy in Malaysia300shadow

If you are getting married in Malaysia  you will need a letter from the High Commission of Canada in Malaysia to state that you are not married. You will need to apply for a letter of no impediment from the Embassy or the Consulate in Penang. It takes a while to get the letter and you will need to wait. Once you have the letter you will need to have this translated and certified. When this is done you can now use that letter and its certified translated version to get marriage in Malaysia. You will then need to translate the marriage registration as well. This so your spouse can travel back to Canada with you on a spousal visa.

Street Address:17th Floor, Menara Tan & Tan, 207 Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur
Postal Address:P.O. Box 10990, 50732 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Telephone:(60-3) 2718-3333
Fax:(60-3) 2718-3399
Operating System:Monday - Thursday : 08:00 - 12:00 and 13:00 - 16:30
Friday : 08:00 - 12:30

If you need documents notarized then you can make an appointment with the Embassy for this service. You will need to take your documents to the High Commission to have these notarized. The public notary service is part of consular assistance for Canadian citizens while abroad. Malaysia is no different in this regard. Email or call them first. The telephone number and email id has been added to this page.

Canadian Consulate in Penang

Canadian Consulate in Penang300shadow

Now if you have given birth in Malaysia, you will need to make an appointment to register the child born abroad at the High Commission. You will need all your documents from the Malaysian government and then have these translated and certified. You will need to take the child with to the Embassy as well as your Canadian passport. The application forms will need to be completed. Once done you will need to wait for this to be processed. You will also need to obtain a travel document for the child once this is complete. This so that the child can travel back to Canada. Lastly see also the Canadian High Commission in Nigeria on here.

Street Address:3007 Tingkat Perusahaan 5, Prai Industrial Park, 13600 Prai, Penang, Malaysia
Telephone:+60 4 388 9900
Fax:+60 4 388 9901
Operating Hours:Monday - Thursday: 08:30 to 12:00
and 13:30 to 15:30

Friday: 08:30 to 11:30

Consular Assistance 

If you lost your passport while in Malaysia you will need to report this to the Malaysian police. They will then provide you with a case number. You will need to make an appointment with the High Commission or Canadian Consulate to apply for a new passport. You will need to complete the application form and add the police case number to your application. Once done the application will then be processed and you will receive a temporary travel document to go home or a new passport.

There are a number of other Canadian Embassies and High Commissions in the region. The most common ones outside of the High Commission of Canada in Malaysia are the Canadian Embassy in Korea as well as the Canadian Embassy in Jakarta as well as the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

See more information on this website if you are Malaysian. There is the tourist visa for Canada as well as the student visa if you are going to study in Canada. If you are married to a Canadian then there is the spouse visa or a partner visa for Canada. Search this website for more information as well as guidance. Lastly also see the South Africa Canadian High Commission on here as well.



Incoming search terms:

error: Content is protected !!