Canadian Embassy in Sweden

Canadian EmbassyThe Canadian Embassy in Sweden has its contact numbers such as telephone numbers, street address and a map listed below. If you are in Sweden and wish to visit Canada then you can apply for a visa but not at this embassy. You need to contact the Canadian High Commission in London. If you are an expat Canadian then you can apply for a passport, register a birth, register a marriage in Sweden or if you have been arrested then you can seek advice.

Note that there is also a Consulate in Sweden which has also been added below. The Canadian Embassy in Sweden is located in Stockholm while the Consulate is located in the city of Goteborg.

Canadian Embassy in Sweden

Canadian Embassy in Sweden300shadow

If you are in Sweden on holiday or your live in sweden and lose your passport. You will need to report this passport theft or loss to the Swedish police. They will open a case and then proceed to issue you with a case number. This case number and police report needs to be handed in at the Canadian Embassy. You will needed to complete the needed forms with the police report for the lost passport. The Embassy will then issue you with a temporary travel document or a passport if you live in Sweden. The travel document will allow you to return to Canada without an issue. See also the Canadian Embassy in Switzerland.

Street Address:23 Klarabergsgatan, Stockholm, Sweden
Mailing Address:Klarabergsgatan 23, Box 16129, 103 23 Stockholm
Telephone:+46 8 453 3000
Fax:+46 8 453 3016
Email: (Consular)
Email: (Visa)
Email: (Canadians Only)
Hours of Operation:Monday to Friday: 08:30-12:00, 13:00-17:00

Canadian Consulate in Göteborg

Canadian Consulate in Göteborg300shadow

The Canadian Consulate in Göteborg will also be able to assist you. If you are getting married to a Swede you will need to show and prove that you are not married and single. The Canadian Consulate or Embassy will be able to issue you with this document. Some call it the freedom to marry letter or the no impediment letter.

This has to be translated and certified if it is to be used with the Swedish government to register the marriage. Once registered the marriage certificate will need to be translated and certified for the Embassy or Consulate. You can now apply for a spouse visa for Canada or a partner visa for Canada.


Street Address:Mässans gata 10, 7th floor, Gothenburg, Sweden
Postal Address:P.O. Box 5243, 402 24, Gothenburg, Sweden
Telephone:+46 (0) 70 353 2332
Hours of Operation:Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Thursday: 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. and by appointment.


Incoming search terms:

error: Content is protected !!