Tag Archives: consular

Canadian born abroad

If you have a Canadian born abroad then there is a process for this. This falls under the Citizen by descent [paragraph 3(1)(b)] for Citizen’s date of birth being on or after February 15, 1977. This  falls under Paragraph 3(1)(b) sets out that a person is a Canadian citizen if that person is born outside Canada to a Canadian parent on or after February 15, 1977. Persons born outside Canada on or after April 17, 2009.

Read More »

Lost or Stolen Passports

If you are a Canadian and you have lost your passport then you will need to apply for a new Canadian passport. See the lost or stolen passports process. The is also the ability to renew your passport or the passport is about to expire. See below what the process is when you want to obtain the new passport while in the United States as well as while abroad. See also the emergency travel document. See the Canadian passport cost and the process to apply for a new passport.

Read More »

Certificate of Non-impediment

The certificate of non-impediment to marriage abroad, is also known as a “certificate of legal capacity to contract marriage,”. For the British and Americans this is also called the “Freedom to Marry” letter. The Canadian government does not offer this like other Western countries. What it will issue you with is a ‘statement in lieu of certificate of non-impediment to marriage abroad’.

Read More »

error: Content is protected !!