Canadian Consulate in Slovakia

Canadian EmbassyIf you are in Slovakia then note that there is a Canadian Consulate in Slovakia in the city of Bratislava. If you need to speak about a visa or other consular assistance then you are best served by contacting the Canadian Embassy in the Czech Republic.

The contact details for the consulate in Slovakia is listed below with contact details and also a map to the consulate. This consulate will be able to assist where it can with consular assistance such as birth registration, death registration and also marriage registration. Speak to the Embassy in the Czech Republic about a Canadian visa.

Canadian Consulate in Slovakia

Canadian Consulate in Slovakia300shadow

The Canadian Consulate in Slovakia does not have passport services. If you have lost your passport in Slovakia you will need to report this matter to the police in Slovakia. They will need to issue you with a case number for the loss. The Embassy will need to have this if you have lost your passport. You will more likely than not speak to the Consulate in Slovakia. They would be able to forward this to the Canadian Embassy. Ensure that you complete the forms and submit the police report or case number to the Consulate. You will then have to await the temporary travel document from them.

If you gave birth in Slovakia as a Canadian citizen you will need to have the birth certificate translated and certified. This will be needed for the Consulate. Complete the forms at the Consulate with the original documents and translated documents to register you child. You have now registered a Canadian citizen born abroad. You will need to await the child’s travel documents. See also the Embassy of Canada in Spain.

Consular Assistance

If you are getting married you will need to obtain a letter from the Consulate to state that you are single. This letter which some call the letter of no-impediment or freedom to marry letter. You will need to have this translated and certified for the Slovakian government. You can then use that to register your marriage in Slovakia. Once completed you will need to have the marriage certificate translated and certified. You will then use this to apply for a spousal visa for Canada.

Note that if you wish to visit Canada or study in Canada you will need a Canadian tourist visa or a study visa for Canada. See the rest of the website for more information on how best to visit Canada when you are in Slovakia.


Street Address:Carlton Savoy Building, Mostova 2, 811 02 Bratislava
Telephone:(+421 2) 5920 4031
Fax:(+421 2) 5443 4227
Hours of Operation:Monday to Friday: 08:30 – 12:30 and 13:30 – 16:30


Incoming search terms:

error: Content is protected !!