If you are going to adopt from Thailand then you can see the website for the Canadian Embassy in Thailand for more information. Below you will find a basic breakdown of the process and how to start the adoption process in Canada. Speak to an adoption attorney in Thailand for more information.
The process for a Canadian starts with your provincial or territorial adoption Central Authority in Canada. You will need to speak to them about the process and each area has their own contact numbers and details. They will view your adoption case and be able to give you the best advice with regards to :
- Do you need an adoption agency
- The adoption laws of Thailand
- The requirements of the Hague Convention on Intercountry Adoptions
You will also need to check if you meet the adoption requirements:
- Canadian province/territory where you live
- Adoption Authority in Thailand
Each country has their own requirements as there is no set international standard. Certain religions are not allowed to adopt as well as certain types of couples are not allowed to adopt in certain countries. These do change so you will need to speak to an adoption attorney in Thailand for more information.
In order to bring your adopted child back to Canada from Thailand you will need to ensure that the child will be able to obtain citizenship. You will need to speak to an adoption attorney about this as some countries prefer that the citizenship process is completed in Canada. There is either citizenship for family immigration. you will need to consider both of these.
Speak to an adoption attorney in Thailand or in Canada for proper legal advice and assistance with adoptions for Thailand.
Incoming search terms:
- Canadian Visa Nigeria processing time (1.000)
- Canadian Embassy in Nigeria Student Visa Application (1.000)
- VFS Canadian High Commission in Nigeria (1.000)
- Canadian High Commission in Nigeria Visa Fee (1.000)
- Canadian High Commission Nigeria visa application forms (1.000)
- Canadian Visa - Abu Dhabi : Processing time (1.000)
- Canadian Visa - Senegal : Processing time (1.000)